Ho ho ho! The festive season is in full swing and homes are twinkling with fairy lights and Christmas cheer.
But are you taking dangerous risks with your safety during the holidays? We've highlighted some common activities that may be putting you and your family in danger, with some simple tips to help you stay safe.
- Make sure your lights are safe. If you are one of the 85% of Brits planning to decorate your tree with colourful lights, make sure you switch off your lights overnight
- Half of UK women have panicked that they have gone out and forgotten to turn their hair straighteners off. Follow our advice - switch them off and put them away!
- Don’t overload sockets and try to avoid the use of extension leads or adaptors – it’s easy to trip if you’re a bit too merry!
- Make sure you don't leave your laptop or mobile device charging on the bed. Always use a hard surface and don't overcharge your devices. And avoid charging your phone overnight or using cheap, unbranded chargers.
- Making a New Year's Resolution? If you're planning to give up smoking, e-cigarettes can help you along the way. But make sure you use the correct charger. If you use a cheap, unbranded one it may be a resolution you regret.
Happy Holidays from PC Electricals!
If you are unsure about an installation, need advice or assistance please contact PC Electricals. We also have more electrical safety tips on our website www.pcelectricals-dorset.co.uk Facebook or Twitter pages.